Monday, December 19, 2011

A Short Break and a Phone Call

After a short break, we're obviously back in business. To answer several questions I've gotten, nothing has happened that forced me to remove the blog. I was dealing with some things and working through some things (as I'm occasionally forced to do), and needed to remove the distraction for a short time.

I received a phone call this morning from a friend of my mother's. She and I have talked before, but it's been a year or two ago. The phone call couldn't have come at a better time. She just wanted to let me know that there was an unofficial "task force" of sorts (my words, not hers) at works behind the scene in Saline County working to keep David in prison as long as possible. If you're reading this and you survived David, know that whether you are aware of it or not, there are people out there that are fighting for what is right.

If you are reading this and you are one of those people fighting to keep David in prison, thank you doesn't do justice to what you are doing for myself and the other survivors. You may think of it as just a way for you to keep a bad man in jail, but you are doing more for the survivors than you will ever know.

If you would like to register on the Arkansas VINE network to receive updates every time something within the correctional system changes with David, visit http://goo.gl/bYKjI to sign up for updates. David has recently been moved back to the Ouachita River Correctional Facility in Malvern, Arkansas. I can only assume this is because he completed the sex offender "rehab" program at the Pine Bluff prison.

Speaking of the VINE network, I just received an email informing me of an upcoming parole hearing on 1/26/12. I assume this will be one of two things. Either they have scheduled another hearing to hear additional evidence of some sort, or this is when they will actually announce their decision. Anyone in the know, please feel free to comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment